February 24, 2019
|Original author(s)||Adam Paszke, Sam Gross, Soumith Chintala, Gregory Chanan|
|Initial release||October 2016|
0.4.1 / 26 July 2018
1.0 rc1 / 2 October 2018
|Written in||Python, C++, CUDA|
|Operating system||Linux, macOS, Windows|
|Type||Library for machine learningand deep learning|
PyTorch is an open source machine learning library for Python, based on Torch, used for applications such as natural language processing. It is primarily developed by Facebook‘s artificial-intelligence research group, and Uber‘s “Pyro” software for probabilistic programming is built on it.
A place to bookmark links in no particular order about this topic.
- Facebook launches PyTorch 1.0 with integrations for Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure Machine Learning – Completed October 6, 2018 [**]
- PyTorch tutorial: Get started with deep learning in Python – Completed on October 7, 2018 [**]
- Earlier today I posted this Section of my NewAdventure blog pertaining to PyTorch. Now just a few hours later I find via LinkedIn that 60 users have already reviewed that post! – October 8, 2018
- Udacity: Intro to Deep Learning with PyTorch by facebook Artificial Intelligence – Completed Lessons – 3 out of 8; All 21 Concepts of #3 as of December 1, 2018 [**]
- A Brief Introduction to PySpark – Completed reading February 24, 2019