Last night I watched the Retirement and Social Security C-SPAN session, on TV. The program description is shown next:
Panelists discussed the past, future, and current state of the Social Security system:
- Andrew Biggs, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Charles Blahous, Research Fellow, Hoover Institution
- Ross Eisenbrey, Vice President, Economic Policy Institute
- Barbara Kennelly, President and CEO, National Committee to Preserve Medicare and Social Security
- Mitchell Orenstein, Associate Professor of European Studies, School of Advanced International Studies
- Johns Hopkins University Moderator: Heidi Hartmann, President, Institute for Women’s Policy Research
Their consensus is in my words, that social security is still headed for a train wreck with increasing speed.
Watch C-SPAN to find out the real story and don’t count only on news outlets for slanted information.